Skip to main content
Home and immigration

Employment Insurance

Back to Portal - Home and immigration

How it works

Money is taken off your paycheque for employment insurance. If you lose your job due to no fault of your own (business closed, position eliminated, etc.), you could be entitled to employment insurance.

The amount is calculated based on your income. The maximum is 55% of your income and the assistance is for a maximum period of 45 weeks.

Employment insurance is assistance provided by the Government of Canada. If you need help filing an application, contact SERY (Solidarité ethnique régionale de la Yamaska) (see the Contact person section below).

Contact person